Go-Kart Incident: A 15-year-old Indian-origin girl got stuck in a go-kart in Durban, South Africa. He has suffered serious injuries due to getting stuck in the go-kart. The girl has suffered a spinal injury and the umbilical cord has been damaged. Right now the condition of the girl remains critical. The girl has been admitted to ICU for better treatment. According to the news of South Africa, the spinal cord of the girl is being treated in the hospital.
The girl’s father, Vernon Govender, told the local newspaper that his daughter was injured at the Gateway Mall only last week. The accident also cracked his skull and left him paralyzed from the waist down. The girl’s father also said that his daughter was wearing a helmet following all the rules and had tied her long hair in a ponytail. While running the go-kart, those who took care of the safety related things were also present nearby. However, the investigation of the incident has been started.
management failed to help
The girl’s father has accused the management that the machines on the go-kart were faulty. Management failed to provide immediate assistance. As reported by Times Live, Gateway Mall confirmed the incident to Action Karting last Wednesday (December 28). The mall said in a statement that it would not comment on the incident out of respect for the incident’s incriminating nature and the family. From the next day of the incident, the management team was in contact with the father of the injured girl.
Father saw the condition of the incident
According to South Africa’s Weekly Post newspaper, the girl’s father, Govender, said that during her first lap of the course, Kristin did a spin-off at the barrier. Then the rear part of the go-kart became loose. The cover covering the axle seemed loose to him. When one of the officers came to him, he asked about the loose cover. The officer told him it was okay, he removed the piece of plastic, threw it aside and told him to keep starting the go-kart, and then his hair, which was over a meter long, came out of the helmet and got stuck. went.